You are here
Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
Welcome to APM 2014
The Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine welcomes you to the 2014 Annual Meeting, this year scheduled for Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.
APM President Linda Worley, MD, FAPM, has chosen a conference theme of Lessons from Our Best Teachers: Patient-informed Advances in Clinical Care, Research, and Leadership. It was Ralph Waldo Emerson who said, "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." We intend for the meeting to celebrate the artistry of psychosomatic medicine that resides in the innovative adaptation and application of accepted psychosomatic principles to the particular challenges each new patient offers us.
Here's just a sample of what you'll experience at this year's meeting:
- An all-day "Updates in Psychosomatic Medicine" course, featuring 13 speakers providing the essentials on psychosomatic medicine
- 4 pre-conference Skills Courses
- The Presidential Symposium, "How Relevant is our Research and Evidence Base to Actual Patient Care?"
- Plenary Session: "The Human Side of Healthcare: Medicine as Stories, Stories as Medicine"
- 150+ scientific posters; 42 oral papers; 44 symposia and workshops
- A special 3-hour "Research for Researchers" workshop
- Mercy Killers, a provocative one-man play exploring the limits of the US health care system
- Social events to promote networking opportunities
- All of which provides 29 hours of CME credit over the four days of the meeting.
We look forward to your participation in this challenging and involving program.