You are here
Dr. Bob Zipursky (Department of Psychiatry & Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University) speak at SIRS 2014, about preventing relapse in schizophrenia
Dr Zipursky evaluates medication discontinuation studies and current guidelines around maintenance treatment of schizophrenia, specifically whether these should be revised, in order to reduce the chance of relapse
- What are current guidelines saying?
- Telling patients that they need to stay on medication is difficult. What's the best approach?
- Is indefinite treatment a sound recommondation, or are there exceptions?
- How would you do treatment discontinuation trials? What precautions would you take?
- Lots of psychiatrists believe in alternatives to pharmaco therapy. What's your opinion?