You are here
Dr Markus Jäger Interview on Schizoaffective Disorders and Diagnostic Criteria
Prof. dr. Lieuwe de Haan speaks to Prof. dr. Markus Jäger (University of Ulm) about schizoaffective disorders. He discusses the prognostic validity of the diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, and compares DSM-5 and ICD-10 criteria.
Suggested further reading: Schizoaffective Disorder in the DSM-5
- The nosological status of schizopaffective disorders is still unclear. I would like to ask you what is, in your opinion, the prognostic validity of the diagnosis schizoaffetive disorder?
- Do you think this difference of criteria explains why other researchers have found different results?
- What are the most important differences between the ICD10 classification of schizoaffective disorder and the DSM-5 classification?
- Concerning the debate of the existence of seperate diagnostic categories: are there points of rarity between catagories?
- What would in your opinion be the ideal future of the classification "schizoaffective disorder?"