You are here
Dr Stephan Heres is interviewed at DGPPN, Germany, 2013
Dr Stephan Heres is a Senior Psychiatrist at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the Centre for Disease Management at the Psychiatric Department, Technical University Munich, Germany. He is also head of the specialised schizophrenia outpatient depot clinic (OASE) at the university and head of the clinical trial team. He gives his opinion on the relationship between adherence and relapse prevention , and discusses the use of LAIs in his OASE clinic.
- Can you tell us how adherence and relapse prevention are related?
- Is non-adherence happening at the start of treatment or only over the course of treatment?
- Is this unique in psychiatry?
- What is the role of LAIs?
- Has the use increased / decreased?
- What are the drivers of choice for LAIs?
- Why are all patients not offered LAIs?
- Experience of past non-compliance is an important factor when deciding on prescribing LAIs. How does this work in the early treatment in 1st episode patients?
- Do LAIs play a role in decreasing stigmatization?
- At your clinic you run a program called OASIS to support schizophrenia patients. Can you tell us about this?
- What does OASIS stand for?
- OASIS is a nice acronym.
- What are the future treatment developments?